You can opt-out from either of these at any time
Any questions or concerns please contact us.
Whether or not they’re an actual couple, we are absolutely obsessed with Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak. The pair, who first met on the set of The Office, has admittedly dated in the past, but are now not boyfriend and girlfriend…but they’re not necessarily friends either. In a recent interview with InStyle, cover star Mindy had this to say about where her and B.J. are at now:
I will freely admit: My relationship with B.J. Novak is weird as hell. He’s is not my boyfriend, but he is not my best friend. I guess you could describe our relationship as “romantically charged camaraderie with loud arguments,” but I don’t think Facebook would accept this as a new status.
And let’s face it: we’ve all experienced that at some point in our lives, right? Like a friends with benefits, but without using that strange and dumb term. Anyway, we’re not judging because “romantically charged camaraderie with loud arguments” can describe many of our own relationships.
This week, Mindy and B.J. have taken their relationship to another level, though: co-authors. The duo is reportedly getting paid $7.5 million to write a book about their “weird as hell” relationship and it will be officially announced next week at BookCon. We’re not sure how many loud arguments this project will inspire but we are pretty effing excited for this.
In anticipation for Mindy Kaling and B.J. Novak’s book announcement, we’re taking a look back at the 12 times when their weird relationship was perfect as hell.
1. When their individual books were next to each other in the “Best of the Best” section.
2. That time they reenacted When Harry Met Sally and we prayed to the movie gods that this would be turned into a real movie.
3. When B.J. made this lame (but cute) pun.
4. Whenever they take their texts online.
5. This happens a lot.
7. Their conversations are so random and so very perfect.
8. And just like the rest of us, autocorrect gets in the way sometimes.
9. Remember that time she called him in front of a live audience and everyone got to experience the magic IRL?
10. They throwback to the good times on The Office sometimes and the wave of nostalgia almost drones us (in happiness).
11. B.J. and Mindy’s Mindy Project boyfriend Chris Messina shared the screen on an episode of The Newsroom and this exchange not-so-subtly about Mindy is uh-mazing.
12. A fan even made a Twitter account for Mindy and B.J. — except it had no followers when B.J. Instagrammed it. (Don’t worry, it has 428 now.)
Here’s to the best “romantically charged camaraderie with loud arguments” duo ever!