You can opt-out from either of these at any time
Any questions or concerns please contact us.
With the non-spring like weather conditions may feel like winter has never left, according to HBO it is indeed still coming. Season five of Game of Thrones is set to return on Sunday, April 24, and while the new episodes have been shrouded in more secrecy than normal for the Westeros series, last night’s premiere at LA’s Chinese Theatre did give us some insights into WTF is happening in the seven kingdoms.
Stars Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen), Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark), Michiel Huisman (Daario Naharis), Alfie Allen (Theon Greyjoy), Lena Headey (Cersei Lannister), Dean-Charles Chapman (Tommen Baratheon), Hannah Murray (Gilly), Daniel Portman(Podrick Payne), Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) and many more were present, with writer George RR Martin and Jon Snow himself, Kit Harrington, skipping the event, mostly likely due to fatigue over being asked whether or not Snow is really dead.
Here’s what we learned when the mother of dragons and all those fighting for the Iron Throne descended upon the red
1. Emilia Clarke confirmed that Khalessi is lost “literally, physically, metaphorically,” but also that we never have to worry too much about badass Dany.
2. Now that Khalessi is back with the Dothraki, she’s meeting her late husband’s replacement, Khal Moro, played by Joe Naufahu. Will she be the moon of his life?
3. We’re excited to see the silent and stoic Grey Worm and brash and sarcastic Tyrion team up in an attempt to keep the unsullied Warriors and the city of Meereen from falling into disarray during Khalessi’s absence.
4. Last season the High Sparrow did his best to have his name put on the list of the most horrible people on TV along with King Joffrey and Ramsay. This season we’re going to learn about the religious man’s past, including how he became Mr. No-Fun.
5. The new season was shot over 22 weeks with 900 crew members in five countries, including Ireland, Spain, Croatia, Iceland, and our very own Canada.
6. Rather than slowly ease into the season and remind viewers of where each character left off, Season 5 we’ll pick up right where Season 4 ended and hit the ground running.
7. Most of the premiere episode will be spent at Castle Black.
8. The few trailers that have been released for the highly secretive season contain footage only from the first two episodes.
9. The actors have been asked about the new season in just about every scenario, including train stations (Chapman), gym showers (Coster-Waldu), US Border Entry (Murray), and their grandmother’s funeral (Portman).
10. The Season 5 premiere is titled The Red Woman and comes with the description: “Jon Snow is dead. Daenerys meets a strong man. Cerise sees her daughter again.”