The Teen Choice Awards went down last night and included screams, sobs, and a few falls.
Hosted by Ludacris, Gina Rodriguez and Josh Peck, the night featured performances from 5 Second of Summer, Little Mix and Rachel Platten, as well as appearances from the cast of Pretty Little Liars and Furious 7.
Of course, that’s not all that happened during last night’s award show. Here’s what we learned watching the 2015 Teen Choice Awards.
1. Modern Family star Sarah Hyland can recover from a fall like a boss.
2. Jane the Virgin star Gina Rodriguez has shockingly good rap skills.
3. For a rapper, Ludacris has shockingly bad mic technique. Don’t choke up so much, Luda.
4. The Janoskians are still Janosking pretty hard, this time wearing painted tuxes to the TCAs.
5. The cliques are real on the Pretty Little Liars set. When the cast won for Best Drama (and took home pretty much every other acting award), Lucy Hale sidestepped Ashley Benson, Shay Mitchell and Tyler Blackburn to walk up the stage with Janel Parrish and Vanessa Ray. Looks like not everyone is friends after the five year time hop.
6. 5 Seconds of Summer kicked off the show and sounded great live.
7. Flo Rida and Robin Thicke ended the show and sounded great lip syncing to their song.
8. Furious 7 star Michelle Rodriguez is not an improv actor. When her teleprompter didn’t move fast enough, the action star froze on stage next to Wiz Khalifa, who we assume was way, way, waaaaay more relaxed.
9. Every acceptance speech contained the phrase ‘it gets better’ or ‘being different is awesome’. We’re happy with either.
10. Little Mix are pretty funny.
11. Gregg Sulkin is a Brit. How did we not know this until now?
12. Channing Tatum winning Choice Summer Movie Star: Male for Magic Mike XXL at a show attended by young teens makes us (and probably him) feel creepy.
13. Is there anyone who gives classier speeches than Josh Hutcherson? Aw Peeta, we love you.
14. Britney Spears is getting her fashion inspo from our very own Liz Trinnear. It’s Liz, bitch!
15. This is the belt Terry Crew chose to wear, because who’s going to tell him no?
16. Vin Diesel saying the word ‘Paul’ will always make us cry. Okay, we knew that one already.