You can opt-out from either of these at any time
Any questions or concerns please contact us.
We’re only one long weekend away from the start of another school year and the REAL end of summer. The return to school can be a struggle, but the most important thing to remember is that you’re not alone. And that the first week is only four days long. Let us give thanks to small miracles.
Here are 23 ways the back to school struggle is real.
1. Deciding to join every club and team this year and abandoning your plan by second period.
2. Getting up for school and staying awake all day.
3. Trying to get excited about new school supplies.
4. Having to listen to other kids talk about spending their summer in Europe or at a luxurious camp while you sweated eight hours a day mowing lawns.
5. Wearing your back to school outfit for the fall while it’s still 30 degrees out.
6. Trying to trick yourself into being interested in all your classes.
7. Telling your ex’s new S/O that they have your vote for School Council.
8. Guidance counselors checking on your life goals while you’re trying to figure out what to have for lunch.
9. Getting your schedule and seeing that all your difficult subjects are first semester.
10. Realizing your ability to read fast and write legibly disappeared over the summer.
11. One word: Scantron.
12. Trying to use the computer lab when it’s always packed.
13. Hearing someone say “what’s good” at least seven times a day for the next two months.
14. Waking up early to get ready on picture day and then sneezing mid-picture.
15. Two words: the bus.
16. Seeing the mean girls you’ve been able to avoid all summer.
17. Waiting for 3 p.m. like you’re being released from a 10-year sentence.
18. Doing anything at the front of the class.
19. Having to sit through presentations that are way, way, way too long.
20. Getting assigned a locker that has a sandwich leftover from last spring.
21. Homework having you say buh-bye to free time.
22. Realizing you’re the only person in class who didn’t study over the summer.
23. Having gym class first period and spending all day sweaty rather than shower in public.
Don’t worry, there’s always Friday.