Singer songwriter Angel Olsen has been consistently releasing outstanding indie folk tracks both as a solo artist and with Bonnie Prince Billy since 2009. In 2014, she began gaining traction outside of her indie circle with her debut album Burn Your Fire For No Witness.
Olsen announced yesterday that she is set to release her sophomore disc My Woman on September 2, an announcement that came hot off the heels of her new single, “Intern.”
With her haunting melodies and soothing vocals, Angel Olsen is definitely an artist to be watched. Here are five reasons you shouldn’t miss this indie darling.
1. She’s received the thumbs up from rock royalty, like Kim Gordon.
2. Her latest video for “The Intern” is labeled as a trailer, which definitely has our interest piqued. Could this mean a series of music videos that are connected?
3. Her Instagram is equal parts hilarious and inspiring with dashes of 2000s nostalgia that we love.
4. It really only takes one listen to fall in love with Olsen’s blend of folk pop.
5. Did we mention her music is even more amazing live?