Last night, during a live episode of X Factor New Zealand, judges (and real life husband and wife) Natalia Kills and Willy Moon took criticism to a whole new level. While critiquing contestant Joe Irvine, Kills called out Irvine for being a “doppelgänger” of her husband, Moon, by styling himself in a suit and hairstyle similar to him. “I personally found it absolutely artistically atrocious,” Kills told Irvine. “I am embarrassed to be sitting here in your presence having to even dignify you with an answer of my opinion.”
Moon took it even one step further: “It’s like Norman Bates dressing up in his mother’s clothing. It’s just like a little bit creepy, and I feel like you’re going to stitch someone’s skin to your face and then kill everyone in the audience.”
The audience obviously booed the two and this is when fellow judge Mel Blatt stepped in to defend Irvine by saying, “Actually, you’re dressed better than her husband.”
Today, it has been announced that Kills and Moon have been removed from X Factor New Zealand for their “completely unacceptable” comments on last night’s show — as they should. Yes, reality show competitions can get heated and stars like Simon Cowell have been under fire for being too harsh in the past, but what happened with Kills and Moon was, as most people are calling it today, straight-up bullying.
And the strangest part of it all is that Natalia Kills is no stranger to being called a doppelgänger. For a person who apparently values artistic integrity, her lack of success can often be attributed to her attempts at copying Lady Gaga or other famous pop stars. Take a look below at a clip of last night’s X Factor New Zealand and then hop below to see who Natalia Kills has, for lack of a better word, completely ripped off in the past.
1. That haircut? Totally taken from Krysten Ritter.
2. Where did we see that shade of lipstick before? Oh right, when Kylie Jenner was rockin’ it.
3. Round sunglasses are so Lady Gaga, circa 2009.
4. Speaking of which, Natalia’s a few feet short of achieving Lady Gaga’s towering hairdo.
5. And remember when Lady Gaga popularized the leather harness trend?
6. That’s a nice pink suit, did Natalia borrow it from Riri?
7. Also taking style cues from M.I.A., huh.
8. And tiaras? Everyone has worn a tiara at some point.
So please, Natalia Kills, don’t pick on other people for looking similar to others when you yourself have done the same. You’ve officially found a new level of reality TV show mean that not even Simon Cowell will ever reach.