Last night’s MTV VMAs were full of some of the most quotable moments of the year (Kanye for President, anyone?). Host Miley Cyrus provided more than a few of the evening’s most shocking comments with colourful, uniquely-shaped outfits to match.
Whether she’s beefing with Nicki Minaj or complimenting Justin Bieber on his eighth hairstyle of the year, Miley Cyrus is always good for prompting a “wait, what did she just say?” from the audience.
Here are Cyrus’s 10 most quotable moments from the 2015 MTV VMAs.
1. Cyrus explaining what prepping for the VMAs feels like. “It’s like Christmas all week.”
2. Cyrus addresses the elephant in the room. “This is a show that hasn’t had a host for two years, a tradition they’ll probably return to following tonight’s show.”
3. Miley follows herself on social media like the rest of us. “I have literally done everything on the VMA stage and none of it showed that I was qualified to host, but here we are.”
4. Cyrus explains how she’s justified her hosting gig. “Maybe MTV figured the easiest way to keep me from performing was to ask me to host.”
5. Miley notices Bieber’s new hairstyle at the same time as the rest of the world. “We have Justin Bieber, I like your swoop.”
6. Cyrus introduces her skit with Andy Samberg and Ike Barinholtz and the world makes sense. “I actually took the year off from music to focus on my true love: Instagram.”
7. Miley takes her own Oscar selfie like it’s 2013. “Ellen, you ain’t got nothing on this.”
8. Miley agrees to not cover Meek Mill’s house in toilet paper. “You’re right, he’s probably been through enough.”
9. Our thoughts exactly. “Nothing says turnt like Hailee Steinfeld.”
10. Cyrus is nothing if not self-aware. “I was coming out here in my serious outfit cause I wore pants.”