The brand new show Garfunkel and Oates is premiering tonight on Much, but for those who are unfamiliar with the comedic duo of Kate Micucci and Riki Lindhome, fear not, we are here to tell you everything you need to know about our new favourite show! Trust us when we say this is laugh-out-loud funny and you will almost immediately fall in love with them after one episode.
Micucci and Lindhome met Upright Citizens Brigade theatre in Los Angeles and combined their love of music and comedy together to form Garfunkel and Oates (yes, Art Garfunkel and John Oates). Since then, their music has been featured on an episode of Scrubs, and the duo have appeared and performed on a number of late-night shows including The Jay Leno Show and The Tonight Show.
For Childish Gambino fans, you might also recognize Micucci and Lindhome from the 2010 track These Girls, from the album Culdesac. But of course, their main project now is their new TV series, which is already winning over critics everywhere. It’s a clever blend of Broad City’s female-empowering brashness and Flight of the Conchords’ incredibly catchy musicality. Simply put, it’s effing good and you need to watch it tonight. So tune in at 10E/7P on Much!
Here are just some of the many, many reasons why you will fall in love with Garfunkel and Oates.
1. They’re 110% honest, often saying the things that we’re thinking but are too scared to say.
2. They have standards.
3. They know their limits.
4. They ask important questions.
5. They make swearing catchy and adorable.
6. They’re not afraid to admit when they don’t understand something.
7. They are grown-ass women who know how to take care of themselves.
8. They understand what they do for a living.
9. They know what makes a good party.
10. They understand modern romance.